We have evolved to where each user has one username and ONE password. We may refer to your CADE or CoE username and password. This is separate from your CIS/uNID and it’s password, but we may ask you to use those for authentication, such as when creating your account or changing your password.
Your CADE/CoE username is some combination of letters from your names (First, Middle(s), & Last) and generated by an algorithm. Once created, we don’t change them except in rare circumstances.
Your CADE/CoE account is use for:
• logging in to any Linux, MacOS, or Windows computer on our Domain (USERS\ or users.coe.utah.edu), including lab machines, Terminal Servers, VDI hosts, or other Virtual Machines.
• connecting/mounting a Network File Share with CIFS/SMB.
• WebPrint and any PaperCut printing services.
• logging in to your DreamSpark and MSDNAA accounts.
• mounting a Network File Share with NFS.
Note: Your CADE/CoE username and passwords are 100% separate and in addition to your CIS or other campus logins and accounts. Some departments may have labs or computers that require specific logins.